This How High Can You Jump? lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How high can your pupils jump? Learners design an experiment to answer this question. After collecting the data, they create box plots and scatter plots to analyze the data. To finish the instructional activity, they use the data to draw conclusions.
- Ask individuals to create an official lab write-up
- Requires experience calculating mean and five-number summaries
- Materials needed: tape measures, tape, and graphing calculators
- Includes sample data to create a possible answer key
- Increases motivation by using real-life data