This How Do US Supreme Court Justices Get Appointed? instructional video also includes:
Nomination, approval, and appointment—these are the three major steps in becoming a Supreme Court justice. But the process is much more meticulous than that. View a video that explains the rigorous process a person must endure before holding a life-long seat in the Supreme Court.
- Have groups research Justices currently holding a seat in the Supreme Court
- Flip the classroom and instruct class members to watch the video and take the quiz outside of school, saving class time for discussion and further research of the topic
- Replay the video more than once so that viewers can better grasp the steps in gaining a seat
- Best used during a study of the three branches of govenrment, specifically the Judicial Branch
- The resource includes the video, discussion questions, links to research, and a quiz to check for understanding