An empowering resource shows an interview with Justice Day O'Connor and explains her path to the Supreme Court, as well as her personal feelings on becoming the first female to hold the position. Scholars also listen to a short background on the justice's qualifications and her thoughts on visiting the White House for the first time.
- Use the resource to discuss the advancement of women's rights and leadership
- Have academics conduct additional research on Sandra Day O'Connor's time on the Supreme Court
- A free C-SPAN Classroom account is needed to access the resource, or use the following login credentials: Username:
students, Password: C-SPANCLASSROOM
- Video is a good resource for Women's History Month
- The resource highlights how the demographic of the Supreme Court has changed over time