After oral arguments and the lawyers go home, what actually happens in the Supreme Court? Justice Stephen Breyer describes how members of the court discuss cases and write opinions behind the scenes. Though their discussions involve matters of vital importance and politically charged topics, they never involve raised voices or insults—a good lesson for all viewers.
- Use the video as research on how the Supreme Court works
- Ask learners to create classroom rules for discussions based on the justices' advice
- One part of a larger playlist covering the Constitution
- Video provides a unique glimpse into the Supreme Court
- Justice answers question from a high school student, making the interview relevant to your pupils
- Title of lesson plans is misleading; the video does not discussion article III