There's more than one way to graph a line. A video presentation explores graphing linear equations by finding the intercepts. After explaining the concept of an intercept and how it relates to its coordinates, the presenter demonstrates how to find intercepts given linear equations in various forms. He then transfers the intercepts to a coordinate plane and completes the graph.
- Post as a resource on a class website for use during review
- Create a graphic organizer for learners to record notes for graphing linear functions in different forms
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- Part of a larger series covering Algebra 1
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Uses strong mathematical vocabulary throughout the presentation
- Offers links to additional resources on similar topics