This Grade 11 Literacy in Social Studies: Research Paper unit also includes:
The lesson guides young academics through the steps in producing a 10-page research paper on any topic in American history. Historians begin by formulating a thesis and gathering resources, then move on to creating an outline, and end with drafting a formal research paper. The unit also covers the use of primary and secondary sources.
- Have pupils create short presentations based on their research
- Use the lesson at the end of the semester to strengthen students' writing and research skills
- Requires prior experience with research and writing skills to complete the lesson
- Provides rubrics for each stage of the lesson for easier grading
- Contains samples to guide learning