This Global Winds video also includes:
Blow budding scientists away with a lesson that'll put wind in their sails! Scholars study the pattern of global winds using an interactive from PBS' Weather and Climate series. Detailed simulations help viewers study upper-level winds as they move thermal energy around the globe.
- Break out some maps to give the lesson a cross-curricular edge
- Ask pupils to create a graphic organizer to help them learn the characteristics of each of the three circulation cells
- Ensure learners understand the color scale used in the animations illustrates wind speed
- Allows teachers to assign the resource through Google Classroom
- Non-visual support materials make an excellent back-up plan for learners that don't have Internet access outside of school