Is Earth becoming too hot to handle? The third installment in a series of eight videos about global warming and the carbon cycle describes the changes to Earth's natural balance as a result of rising average temperatures. Young environmental scientists examine seasonal shifts, melting glaciers, and severe weather. The video also includes average temperature data and ocean acidification.
- Use the pauses throughout the video to check for understanding
- Consider grouping learners and challenging each group to a more in-depth study of the four main areas of change described in the resource
- Pupils need some prior knowledge of greenhouse gases
- The resource stands alone as an introduction to climate change or as a cause-and-effect study when paired with the fourth video in the series — making it very versatile
- The content is well-organized and easy to follow