I asked the cat sitting next to me if he had any Sodium Hypobromite; he said NaBrO. The third video in the six-part series introduces how to name polyatomic ions such as Sodium Hypobromite. It offers the general rules and a few example problems.
5 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create additional practice problems for scholars to oomplete
- Works best as a review as it moves quickly and doesn't fully explain all of the rules
- Assumes prior knowledge from the previous video in the series
- Includes a prompt to get out paper and a pencil to solve the problem as well as a prompt to pause the video
- The video's short length highlights the most common of the rules for naming ionic compounds