This Exploring Capillary Action activity & project also includes:
Explore capillary action from different perspectives. In the fourth installment of a nine-part series, scholars perform several experiments to observe capillary action. They look at the meniscus of water in a glass, observe capillary tubes, and design a capillary siphon.
- Have learners conduct a web quest on capillary action examples and applications
- You will need to prepare everything the night before the experiment
- Set aside some time on the day after the experiment to observe and record results
- Includes an additional demonstration suggestion with the link to a website
- Teacher resource lists safety issues and troubleshooting tips