There are a couple of things that orbit Earth; satellites and our moon. But how is it that these objects don't crash into Earth? This is the focus of a video that explains how the gravitational pull of Earth on the moon and the velocity at which the moon orbits Earth provides a balance; therefore, preventing a collision!
- Pause throughout the episode to clarify certain concepts discussed and check for understanding
- The ninth in a series of 15 videos that discuss the sun and its influence on Earth
- Concepts from the previous videos are reviewed at the beginning of the episode
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Designed for Next Generation Science Standards