This The Moon's Shadow During the 2017 Eclipse video also includes:
Talk about an amazing view! A fascinating resource from a larger series exploring space boasts not one, but four different views of the total solar eclipse of 2017. Pupils read a short passage that describes each of the views, then discuss their observations from the simulations.
- Ask learners to create small models of the Earth, moon, and sun and demonstrate their positions during a solar eclipse
- Have students select other towns in North America that experienced the total solar eclipse and research them to find video clips of the occurrence
- Viewers should be familiar with basic astronomy terms and concepts before watching the simulations
- Terrific teaching tips include more guiding questions and ideas for further developing the lesson
- The time lapse video of the moon's shadow approaching a town is very impactful