Use essential elements cards to help lesson plan! Each card contains an informational text common core standard for grade levels six through eight and suggestions for activities and supports. Cards address skills such as citing textual evidence, making claims, and evaluating reasoning.
- Bring the resource to your team meetings to help spark ideas for instruction
- Model how to annotate for lessons with signposts
- Use the element cards to inspire lesson planning or serve as quick reference
- Resource does not contain specific lesson plans
- Suggested instructional strategies are helpful
- Supports and scaffolds included in resource help personalize instruction for learners