This Enlargements Using Ray Method video also includes:
Figure out what to do when there is no grid to count. Using a ruler and a sharp pencil, the narrator shows how to perform a dilation when the figure is not on a grid. The ray method works by drawing a ray from the center of dilation through each vertex and measuring the distance along the ray to each vertex. By multiplying the distance by the scale factor, individuals measure off and mark transformed vertices on each ray.
- Conduct a demonstration on how to do the problems using construction tools
- Lead a discussion on the importance of precise measurements
- The class should understand scale factor
- Explains when using the ray method works best
- Provides space to perform the enlargements on the worksheet