This Indirect Measurement: Lesson instructional video also includes:
When the tape measure will not reach, use similarity. An installment of a large playlist on geometry introduces the method of indirect measurement. Using a story of finding the distance to the sun, the video shows how to use similar triangles to find measurements indirectly.
- Review solving proportions for unknowns
- Use the method of indirect measurement to measure the height of either the flag pole or a tree at school
- The class should understand similar triangles
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Shows the algebra used to work the examples
- Links to more resources using similar triangles