This English Language Arts Examination: June 2017 assessment also includes:
Plants prefer classical music to rock and roll. That's one of the claims in an informational passage that makes up part of a set of standardized assessment questions. The set is part of a larger collection of English language arts tests from different months and years. As part of the question set, test-takers answer 24 multiple-choice questions, write a source-based argument, and complete a text analysis response. All questions connect with one- and two-page reading passages (both informational and fiction).
- Review how to take notes and/or annotate informational texts in preparation for writing a source-based argument
- Answer keys contain Common Core alignment for individual questions
- Allow up to three hours for students to complete the assessment
- Answer keys feature detailed rubrics and sample responses
- Lists guidelines to focus writing for the argumentative response
- Mentions recording answers on an answer sheet, but one doesn't appear in the question file