An inverse relationship exists between exponents and logarithms, allowing mathematicians to easily convert one to the other. Scholars apply a brief definition of logarithms with a few practice problems. Then, they discover the restrictions on the formula and why they exist.
- Discuss the difference between natural logarithms and logarithms with other bases
- Add the definition of logarithms to math journals for easy future reference
- Relies on prior knowledge of exponential functions and graphing calculators
- Encourages using higher level thinking skills
- Provides an answer key with full explanations