This Properties of Logarithms lesson plan also includes:
Log the resource on logarithms for future use. Learners review and explore properties of logarithms and solve base 10 exponential equations in the 12th installment of a 35-part module. An emphasis on theoretical definitions and approaches differs from the numerical approach in previous lessons.
- Have the class create posters for each property of logarithms to display in the classroom
- Builds on previous lessons in module
- Note that the lesson only considers common (base 10) logarithms; consideration of other bases shows up later in the module
- Teacher resource includes timing suggestions for each part of the lesson to keep pupils engaged and on task
- Highlighting mathematical practices in lesson notes allows instructors to keep an eye out for pupils exhibiting these practices