My great-great-great-grandfather would owe how much? The resource provides a scenario of finding the amount due on a library fine compounded continuously one hundred years later. The presenter substitutes values into the exponential growth formula to calculate the amount owed in the 30th video in a series of 31 calculus videos.
- Compare the amount owed if the interest was compounded bi-annually, quarterly, annually, and daily with the continuous compounding
- Create problems to solve for either the rate or time
- Individuals should know how to evaluate an exponential function using calculators
- Provides a reminder of the formula for exponential growth
- Includes closed captioning