This Differential Equations Representing Growth and Decay: Rice Legend interactive also includes:
The legend of a wise man who asks a king for rice as a reward presents a context to study exponential solutions to differential equations. Pupils move quantities of rice to a chessboard and calculate the amount of rice for each day. To further refine their skills, learners find an equation that models the situation.
- Use as an introduction to solving differential equations that result in exponential equations
- Provide a mini-lesson on creating and solving a differential equation that represents the situation
- Requires the user to sign up for a free login account
- Allows the individuals to view the correct answer if the incorrect answer is chosen
- The additional material provides more examples and problems