This Conservation of Momentum activity also includes:
Assist your class with understanding collisions as they apply the Law of Conservation of Momentum. Pupils measure the momentum before and after manipulation of two objects so that one strikes another in an inelastic collision. The lesson concludes with a discussion of how momentum affects the outcome of crashes and other such accidents that occur in our daily lives.
- Have the class play a game of pool to further demonstrate momentum and apply the principles discussed
- Research various scenarios and show YouTube segments to aide the class in visualizing how momentum affects damages in collisions
- Assist any students with special needs as the class completes activities and the assessment questions
- Multiple questions at the end of this lesson allow individuals to visualize various scenarios and further understand the effects of momentum
- A detailed explanation of a complex theory allows for modification and adaptation, even expansion, when needed
- Document permissions do not allow for printing