This Charge and Charging interactive also includes:
Does your class understand how things become charged? Are you positive? Before negative grades emerge, assign a fun interactive! The first in the five-part Static Electricity series contains three levels of charge-related questions and asks users to identify the number of protons versus electrons in each.
- Perform a demonstration of the balloon and animal fur scenario from the interactive as a hook
- Challenge early finishers to brainstorm a list of situations that illustrate the movement of electrons
- Pupils should know the properties of cations anions before attempting the lesson
- The interactive progresses from beginner-level knowledge to advanced thinking, which helps determine a student's next steps
- Realistic scenarios show users how the movement of electrons is part of everyday life