This Deformed Electron Cloud interactive also includes:
Dispel the misconception that atoms are always little round balls! Illustrate changes in the electron cloud with an entertaining interactive. Pupils push and pull on the cloud by altering the charge on plates located on either side of the model atom.
- Create and distribute a graphic organizer that allows learners to sketch the atom under all of the possible conditions
- Use the interactive as part of an inquiry lesson and ask the class to draw their own conclusions about the factors that affect the electron cloud
- Requires minimal prior knowledge of atomic models
- The simulation responds smoothly to changes in conditions
- Shading helps users identify areas of charge concentration