Can an area with no soil turn into a forest? Scholars learn about the process of ecological succession using an interesting presentation. It covers both primary and secondary succession in the building of new ecosystems.
26 Views 22 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Add the diagrams on slides 13 and 14 to science journals
- Go into more detail on primary versus secondary succession
- Consider the maturity of pupils when introducing the climax community or change the term to better align with your curriculum
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Highlights vocabulary in red throughout
- Short presentation requires very little class time