This Study Jams! Changes in Ecosystems interactive also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Our scholarly friends head to the lake to go fishing and are unpleasantly surprised by the algae filling the water. They talk about primary and secondary succession as different ways that ecosystems are changed. Show the short video, then have your class answer the seven questions as a review. Follow this teaching with some research about local ecosystem changes or a conservation project.
- Shows that not all changes in an ecosystem are negative
- Emphasizes the need for conservation
- Website contains a self-assessment quiz and key vocabulary terms
- Adaptable to Next Generation Science Standards for middle school life science