This Supreme Decision interactive also includes:
Is the right to wear a band t-shirt included in our freedom of speech? Budding historians consider the question by using a video game. After a brief animated video, users drop in and listen to Supreme Court justices as they debate the issues in the case. Considering all the arguments, individuals then make their recommendations to the chief justice.
- Use the video game as an exit ticket for a unit on freedom of speech or the Supreme Court
- Create a discussion about the issues presented in the game
- Each class member needs access to a computer to use the simulation
- Narrative in the game is well crafted and engaging
- Game asks pupils to practice critical thinking skills
- Case is relevant and relatable