This Animal Diversity and Tracking unit also includes:
What exactly are those glowing eyes in the night? Learners run an experiment to attract local wildlife and then document the number of visitors by identifying their tracks. They then analyze the data to draw conclusions about the types and sizes of different species and connect their findings to wildlife conservation.
- Repeat the experiment procedure in different remote locations to compare results
- Vary the strength of the scent stations to create data for comparison
- Allow time to collect and prepare activity materials
- Includes a detailed teaching guide to help plan for instruction
- Offers guiding and reflection questions to use as support