Scientists discover more than 15,000 new species each year. Viewers learn about seven new species discovered in cities, often right next to where people live. As part of a larger playlist, a video discusses the techniques researchers use to identify new species and the adaptations and mutations creating some of them.
- Assign groups of students to research species discovered within the last year and present them to the class
- Display the video without sharing the comments
- Consider the maturity of pupils as the video discusses genitalia of some species
- Provides a long list of references for further learning
- Highlights new vocabulary and scientific techniques throughout