The only thing creepier than cockroaches are cockroaches that glow. Glowing cockroaches, or L. Luckae, made the top 10 new species of 2012. The other nine on the list are just as unique. Video focuses on why scientists just identified the new species, what they look like, and where they live. It also mentions those that are currently endangered.
- Research Carl Linnaeus, the man who invented taxonomy
- Go here to find pictures of the species: https://asunow.asu.edu/sites/default/files/top10speciesfinal_2013.jpg
- Preview any comments that might show when watching the video in class as some are not appropriate
- Highlights new species names to help with note taking
- Engaging video holds the attention of scholars