This Writing an Argumentative Essay: Peer Critique lesson plan also includes:
Writing is all about progress, not perfection. Scholars engage in a peer critique protocol to gain feedback on their quote sandwich from a previous lesson. Next, pupils begin drafting their argumentative essays based on the novel Lyddie by Katherine Paterson.
- Thoroughly review the peer critique expectations with learners and post them in the classroom for reference
- Provide sentence frames for English learners to use during peer discussions
- Lesson 17 from the consecutive 20-part Grade 7 ELA Module 2a, Unit 1 series
- Includes helpful teaching notes
- Offers tips for meeting all students' needs