Imagine a world where the only animals roaming the earth are domesticated. One day, we might not have to imagine the scenario of no wild animals—and that day approaches faster than predicted. A video explains the evolution from single-celled microbes to current day. Then it describes the current, sixth mass extinction and how much worse it gets.
- Graph the extinction rates by century throughout history
- Research what each rise in global temperature mentioned in the video would mean for your location
- Assumes prior knowledge from the previous videos plus of the previous five mass extinction events
- The 13th in a 16-part Crash Course-Big History series
- Connects the past, present, and future seamlessly
- Includes subtitles in English for ease of note taking
- Entertaining graphics help hold viewers' attention