This What's In a Name? lesson plan also includes:
What is in a name? Eager historians trace the geographical history of places in the United States with Spanish names. Using a worksheet activity, clues, and web research developed in conjunction with the PBS "Latinos in America" series, they learn about the intersection of indigenous and European peoples in North and South America.
- Incorporate the lesson plan into Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations
- Create a WebQuest to identify places in North America with significance to Hispanic American history
- Class members need web access to complete the activity
- Lesson is hands-on and pupil-driven
- Activity builds map skills