How does DNA work? Young geneticists see how function follows form with a video from Socratica's playlist that explores biology. The narrator pulls apart the double helix and describes each portion, discusses Chargaff's rule, and explains the numbering convention used when locating specific points along the DNA molecule.
- Open an introduction to DNA using the video
- Learn more about the fascinating story of DNA with a video and extension materials
- The resource is written as an introduction to the DNA molecule, requiring little prior knowledge other than basic chemical terms
- The 3-D pen used in the video to draw DNA is fascinating because it really proves the point that DNA's structure is key in understanding its function
- Explanations of portions of the DNA molecule are clear and easy to follow