This Seeing Single Molecules Move video also includes:
Seeing is believing! Viewers observe the latest in technology—the ability to watch as a protein molecule searches for the appropriate binding site on a DNA molecule! A short video follows transcription factors SOX2 and OCT4 in their natural habitat, the cell nucleus.
- Partner up your AP Biology pupils and assign the research publication that describes the uses of the technique
- Add the resource to a lesson about protein structure
- In most cases, you will need to front-load the video by discussing protein binding sites and DNA in order for learners to understand what they are seeing
- The content is amazing to observe
- Brief explanations appear on the screen to describe what is happening in the cell