This Water Fountain lesson plan also includes:
Thorough instructions are given to guide you through making a demonstration hydraulic pump from two plastic soda bottles. After using the resource to teach your class about Pascal's and Bernoulli's principles, turn them loose in groups to design their own working water fountains. An accompanying handout has them imagine that they are designing for a local park. This lesson is ideal for addressing Next Generation Science Standards for engineering.
- Designed for Next Generation Science Standards
- Can be used to bring STEM curriculum into your classroom
- Thoughtfully planned and well-written for ease of implementation
- Includes student handout, photographs, and diagrams to guide learners
- Gathering enough one- and two-liter plastic bottles may not be an easy task; ask your class to start bringing some in well before the beginning of this lesson