Apply scientific principles to designing an experiment to study organisms living on the coral reef in our oceans. Through reading, individuals learn about the coral reef ecosystem and important factors that affect its function. Using the experimental design, collaborative groups form a hypothesis and design an experiment to test it.
- Create a glossary of new vocabulary during the unit
- Assign a different question to each collaborative group for variation
- Requires a high school reading level, as it expects pupils to read and synthesize the material
- Allows for differentiation as learners build their own experimental model
- Provides the background knowledge necessary to complete the task