This Viscoelasticity lesson plan also includes:
Stretch one's mind about viscoelastic materials. Future engineers learn about viscoelastic materials and how they differ from solids and fluids. They discover how the molecular structures of the materials relate to their properties, including strain rate dependence, stress relaxation, creep, hysteresis, and preconditioning.
- Invite a materials engineer to give a presentation
- Seventh of 11 parts in the Next-Generation Surgical Tools in the Body unit
- Resource suggests conducting the first half of the associated activity, Creepy Silly Putty, before the lesson
- Includes a PowerPoint presentation and worksheets to use with the class
- Provides background information for instructors