No matter where you stand on the controversial topic of genetic engineering, the science that makes it possible is extraordinary. An animated video describes a process of genetic engineering involving bacteria. The quick demonstration gives learners an inside look into how genetically engineered enzymes modify the genetic structure of a bacteria's DNA.
- Make the video available on a class website as a resource for absent pupils or as review
- Have learners research applications of this genetic engineering process
- Expects a solid understanding of the structure of a DNA sequence
- Includes a transcript of the lesson
- Makes the video available as a download for viewing offline