This Conveyor Engineering lesson plan also includes:
Moving along the line. Class members research how a conveyor belt works in order to gain background information. Groups then design a conveyor belt that will carry a piece of candy four feet and along a 90-degree turn. The groups build their conveyor belt, test it, and redesign it if necessary.
- Research uses for conveyor belts other than those presented in the reading
- Come up with criteria to determine which design is the best
- Requires spaces to be able to build and test the conveyor belts
- Provides a reflection page for pupils to fill out after the activity
- Includes a reading resource
- It may be difficult to acquire the amount of materials it would take for students to produce a wide variety of designs