This US History and Government Examination: June 2010 assessment also includes:
Just how successful were the reform movements of the ninteenth and twentieth centuries? Using documents ranging from the writings of Mother Jones to the marriage vows of Lucy Stone, individuals consider the question in a scaffolded primary source analysis. Another essay question asks pupils to consider the effects of technology on American society. Multiple choice questions—some including primary sources, maps or informational graphics—deepen learners' content and analytical skills.
- Offer multiple choice questions as a warm-up or exit ticket when covering specific content
- Develop a Socratic seminar or other activity based on the included primary source analysis question
- Resource is one of the 2010 New York state regents exams in American history
- Test items are easy to adapt to a variety of instructional activities
- Questions allow for authentic high-stakes assessment practice