This US History and Government Examination: January 2012 assessment also includes:
What led to the United States Civil War? Interested historians consider a variety of political, social, and economic factors using primary sources and an essay prompt in an authentic high-stakes test. Primary sources include political debates about slavery as well as maps and tables showing an increasing sectional divide. A separate essay question also allows pupils to examine how the Supreme Court has shaped American life.
- Use essay and rubrics to assess historical writing skills and offer feedback
- Incorporate multiple choice items on a variety of topics to check learners' understanding during regular instruction
- Contains the January 2012 New York Regents examination
- Primary source activity includes analytical questions that help class members sharpen skills
- Additional materials help teachers assess performance and learning
- Document analysis allows for class members to ignore involvement of slavery in the United States Civil War