This US History and Government Examination: January 2011 assessment also includes:
The presidencies of John F. Kennedy, Richard Nixon, and Ronald Reagan were defined by the Cold War. Using primary source documents and scaffolded analysis questions, pupils explore the effect the Cold War had on these presidencies. A second essay prompt asks learners to consider the role of the Supreme Court on the expansion and limitations of civil rights. Additional items include multiple choice questions, some of which include primary sources, maps, or other data.
- Create a class-wide debate using the documents and prompt on the Cold War
- Ask class members to consider the essay prompt on the Supreme Court jigsaw style, having small groups research each case and its impact on various groups
- Resource is one of the US History and Government exams for the New York State Regents from 2001
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Resource allows for authentic test practice
- Items are easy to adapt to a variety of instructional plans