This Twitter Time lesson plan also includes:
Tweet all about it! Junior journalists explore the Twittersphere to determine its effectiveness as a news broadcasting tool in the 12th installment of the 16-part Social Media Toolbox. Participants follow and record their observations of a news outlet, then collaborate around implementing Twitter within their own organizations.
- As a whole class, compare and contrast a typical Facebook post with a tweet
- Have groups compare the pros and cons of Twitter with those they discovered about Facebook in the previous lesson
- Make sure the class observes a wide range of news outlets over a week's time
- Internet access is a must for the lesson
- Encourages learners to make critical observations throughout the lesson
- The activity is easy to execute and impactful