This Triangle Inequality Theorem: Lesson video also includes:
Can any three lengths make a triangle? One of the videos in a playlist on basic geometry introduces the Triangle Inequality Theorem. Using three given lengths, the presentation illustrates the restrictions on lengths of any side of a triangle in relationship to the other two.
- Provide class members lengths of straws to determine whether they can form a triangle
- Lead a discussion on how to simplify the inequalities to check by choosing the longest side
- Individuals should understand inequalities
- Contains links to other CK-12 resources dealing with the Triangle Inequality Theorem
- Shows different types of problems using the theorem