This Three Dimensions in Two Dimensions: Lesson video also includes:
Slice up solids. A portion of a geometry playlist introduces two conventional ways to visualize 3-D figures in 2-D. The resource defines cross-sections and nets and provides examples of both.
3 Views 4 Downloads
- Lead a discussion on the minimum and maximum number of sides possible for slices of different solids
- Provide a solid and have the class find all its nets
- Requires pupils to know the names of different 2-D shapes
- Uses colors to help identify the faces of solids in the net
- Contains a link to more cross-section and net resources