This The Suffrage and the Civil Rights Reform Movements interactive also includes:
It's the American way to put one foot in front of the other and march. Using images of protests from the civil rights and women's suffrage movements, young historians analyze similarities between the two watershed moments of social change. Prompts help keep class members on track in their examination.
- Use the activity as a writing prompt
- Offer as a kickoff to exploration of civil rights, women's suffrage, or protest
- Learners need Internet and computer access
- Photo comparison offers a unique way to explore race and gender within the context of protest movements
- Activity is short and easily adaptable