This The Path of Justice: Selma and the Voting Rights Act interactive also includes:
The civil rights movement: An ongoing battle for change. The activity focuses on President Johnson's speech in response to the massacre at the Selma March. Academics study the speech, complete a hands-on-activity, and discuss President Johnson's motivations in his speech.
- Play an audio clip of President Johnson's speech to the class
- Activity requires Internet access
- Learners need to know about the civil rights movement and the March at Selma before participating in the activity
- Activity is perfect for remote learning
- The resource is a good opportunity to practice historical analysis