This The Omnivore’s Dilemma, Young Readers Edition lesson plan also includes:
- The Other Green (r)evolution
- Scientists Trace Corn Ancestry from Ancient Grass to Modern Crop
- A Single Gene Controls a Key Difference between Maize and Its Wild Ancestor
- Dead Zone, Gulf of Mexico Image
- What Is the Gulf of Mexico Dead Zone?
- Produce Available in California in Late January
- Nutrient Policy Data, Golf of Mexico
- Join to access all included materials
As the saying goes, you are what you eat. A useful set of lesson plans encourage young readers to take a second look at their eating habits. Pre- and post-reading questions bring in reflective writing and discussion while extension activities promote further research on key topics in the text.
- Challenge writers to use all of the key vocabulary words in a one-paragraph review of the book
- Keep food journals while reading
- Designed for use with grades six through eight
- Brings in additional texts to encourage critical thinking and text-to-text connections
- Lists page numbers that apply to specific tasks
- Provides a generic Common Core alignment rather than providing the specific standards that align to each component of the lesson