This The Lightning Thief: Directed Reading-Thinking Activity lesson plan also includes:
Before diving into the engaging tale of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, conduct this directed reading and thinking activity. Assess your pupils' knowledge of Greek gods and mythology through a knowledge web, and discuss story plot predictions. Later, continue to make predictions and assess their thinking through grand conversations.
- Create a document with the questions written for easy reference while scholars are working
- Replicate the knowledge web onto a classroom bulletin board
- Visit your school library, and invite learners to pick out books they wish to read about Greek gods and mythology
- This lesson was created by a student teacher to accompany a novel unit for the story, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Directions are written in detail
- Information to guide the knowldge web is provided
- The title of the book is misspelled and underlined incorrectly