This The Graph of the Equation y = f(x) lesson plan also includes:
Math language? Set notation is used in mathematics to communicate a process and that the same process can be represented as computer code. The concept to the loop in computer code models the approach pupils take when creating a solution set using set notation. The ability to see the task represented in multiple ways aids in understanding of the math language.
- Give students programming code examples to complete as board work to assess their understanding of the code
- Once a comfort level is reached with the code, have students convert the code to set notation
- It is important for students to understand the code language to make the connection to set notation
- The 12th in a series of 26 related resources
- Uses a multi-disciplinary approach to understanding set notation
- Includes handouts, keys, and a detailed teacher guide